The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies impaired vision into five categories:
- Low vision 1 is a best corrected visual acuity of 20/70.
- Low vision 2 starts at 20/200.
- Blindness 3 is below 20/400.
- Blindness 4 is worse than 5/300
- Blindness 5 is no light perception at all.
A visual field between 5° and 10° (compared with a normal visual field of about 120°) goes into category 3; less than 5° into category 4, even if the tiny spot of central vision is perfect.
- Total Blindness: the student who cannot see at all and who should use his other senses in learning.
- Legal Blindness: the student whose vision acuity is 20/200 in the better eye and the vision field is 20º or less.
- Partially sighted: the student whose vision acuity is from 70/20 to 200/20 after rectification.
- Low vision: the student who has one problem or more in vision and whose vision could not be rectified by the glasses and might affect his daily life activities.
47 Soliman Gohar Street, Dokki, Giza
Tel : +20237626081
10 Hassan Moussa Elakkad street, behind Palestine Hospital
46 Al Akbal Street, Taha Tower 2, 3rd Floor